Welcome to the Fascinating e-Classroom

where learning happens through blogging!



Friday 12 March 2010

Finally, a Blog of my own!!!

Blog...
I had never thought it would enter into my life...

As a teacher, I didn't want to share any part of my life with the students - including the 'e' side of my life such as my Facebook. I did a good job keeping my life well secluded from the students by 'ignoring' friend requests.

However, doing this e-Learning in Practice opened up my eyes to a whole new world!
I had been using educational technology well in my class - or at least I thought I did. As a 'youngster' amongst staff at my school, I was the 'technology wizard' who frequently used different technologies available at the school.

I knew the definition of e-Learning, or should I say, I knew 'a' definition of e-Learning. Use of technology in education - namely, at this time of history, computers and Internet. But I never thought Blogs and Wikis would be beneficial in teaching and learning!! I always thought these were for personal and social use - and that was one of the reason for me not to get familiar with it to seclude myself from the students!! But now I see the whole new side of blog and wiki...

I have decided to call this an 'e-Classroom'. If learning can happen through 'e', why not a classroom in 'e'? I'm so excited to see where this is going to lead me to. I have to admit, that I am a bit agitated to be out of my comfort zone, but hey, I ain't gonna get anywhere if I don't get myself out of it!

So, here it is.


WELCOME TO THE FASCINATING e-CLASSROOM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment